The Stash Buster Block

Thursday, January 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I decided to try to get the center for my Good and Fun Round Robin Quilt done yesterday. I am on a mission to bust my stash this year. I  had a pile of fat quarters and half yards of Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow so I took them out and thought I would do a film strip style block with them. My husband loves what I came up with but... I think it is the lack of Raspberry, Red or Tangerine that keeps me from adoring it... otherwise I think it is pretty okay... I put the measurements and layout below so that you can bust some stash with it too if you want...you can twist and turn the four blocks any way you want but I laid them out a lot of ways and liked them best like this.

One of the things that I like about this block is that it doesn't take much background fabric (something I am always notoriously short one) ;)



ooops you get to see my lack of ironing here LOL
 
For each block you need:
2 background rectangles 1 1/4 by 12 1/2
1 background rectangle 1 by 6 1/2
1 background rectangle 1 1/2 by 2 1/2
4 background rectangles 1 1/4 by 2 1/2
4 squares 2 1/2
2 rectangles 6 1/4 by 6 1/2
1 rectangle 3 by 12 1/2



I made a mistake and had to use green out LOL
 
5 comments on "The Stash Buster Block"
  1. I really like this! It's going to be a really cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the blocks and the fabrics. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty, Julie! I'm wishing I had bought up some Modern Meadow after seeing this and making my most recent bee block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty! I'd love it large, too - imagine how pretty it would be as a full-size quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love this block!!! and I love the idea of stash busting!!! pure awesomeness! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature